When We Are Closed

When our GP Practice is closed, patients should call the NHS 111 service by dialling 111 or visit https://111.nhs.uk/ 
If your request is non-urgent you can complete a patient triage form which will be dealt with by us within 2 working days.

All calls are free from landlines and mobile phones.

What is the NHS 111 service?

  • A simple, free to call, easy to remember three digit number that is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
  • The NHS 111 service directs patients to the service that is best able to meet their needs taking into account their location, the time of day of their call, and the capacity of local services.

When should I use the NHS 111 service?

  • When it's not a life threatening situation, and therefore is less urgent than a 999 call.
  • When visiting your own GP isn't an option, for instance when the GP Practice is closed or when you are away from home.
  • When you feel you cannot wait or are simply unsure of which service you require.
  • When you require reassurance about what to do next.

People with communication difficulties or impaired hearing are able use the NHS 111 service via a textphone by calling 18001 111.

Need access to NHS Medical and Dental Services out of hours? Please visit:

Need medication advice or an urgent supply of medication?
Call 111 as they can direct you to the Community Pharmacist Consultation Service (CPCS).

Need to see or speak to a GP, nurse and Pharmacy advice outside of Practice hours?
Appointments are available from 6.30pm on weekday evenings and from 8am on weekends or during Bank Holidays via CHoC Extended Access Service (CHEA). You can request a CHEA appointment via your GP surgery. If urgent care is required outside your GP’s usual opening hours, please call 111. If your need is life threatening, please call 999 or go immediately to the nearest A&E Department.

a group of people sitting in chairs

NHS 111

111 online is a fast and convenient alternative to the 111 phone service and provides an option for people who want to access 111 digitally. 

Your needs will be assessed and you will be given advice about whether you need:

  • Treat yourself at home
  • Go to a Primary Care Centre

If you need face to face medical attention you may be asked to attend a Primary Care Centre.

Click here to access NHS 111 online or call 111 to speak to a staff member.