Welcome to Spencer Street Surgery website.
Please click on the links at the top and at the bottom of the pages
where you will find lots of helpful information.
Appointments are available from 6.30pm weekdays and from 8.00am on weekends
Are you a Carer?
Please get in touch with us to let us know. We can help by:
- ensuring that appointments are accessible to carers who would otherwise struggle to attend due to their caring role.
- where appropriate, support the sharing of medical information of a cared for persons’ condition to allow the carer to effectively manage their health and social care needs at home.
- providing effective information about and signposting to carers support services
raise awareness with GP and practice staff that someone is a carer for consideration during consultations.
- ensuring that outpatient appointments and admission letters give information that the patient is a carer.
You may find the information below useful:
Carlisle Carers provides an invaluable service for Carers - check out their website:
NHS Practical Guide to Caring
FAIR PROCESSING & PRIVACY NOTICE FOR PATIENTS
Your Information, Your Rights
Our Fair Processing Notice explains why we collect information about you and how that information may be used to deliver your direct care and manage the local health and social care system.
The notice reflects:
- What information we collect about you;
- How and why we use that information;
- How we retain your information and keep it secure;
- Who we share your information with and why we do this.
The notice also explains your rights in relation to consent to use your information, the right to control who can see your data and how to seek advice and support if you feel that your information has not been used appropriately.
A full copy of the Fair Processing & Privacy Notice is available here:
Practice Fair Processing Privacy Notice
Men aged 65 will be invited for AAA Screening (Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm) - please click on the link below for more information:
SELF CARE (See also link at bottom of page)
If you have a minor illness, please consider accessing pharmacies first for advice.
You could also download the NHS Child Health App from the app store for further advice on childhood illnesses too!
A&E deals with life threatening emergencies.
Please contact 111 for urgent care outside of practice opening hours.
(Site updated 05/06/2019)